- About Us
- Who We Are
- Welcome from the President
- Thunder Bay (Main Campus)
- Regional Campuses
- Northwestern Ontario
- Campus Construction Projects
- Corporate Information
- Maps - Campus & Floor Plans
- Student Union Website ...
- Virtual Tour
- Programs & Courses
- NEW! Confederation Bound: Early Acceptance Program
- All Programs & Courses
- Full-Time Programs - Postsecondary
- MASTER LIST - ALL Programs
- Business Accounting
- Business - Human Resources
- Aboriginal Financial and Economic Planning
- Business Marketing
- Business Administration - Accounting
- Business Administration - Human Resources
- Business Administration - Marketing
- Business Fundamentals
- Human Resources Management
- International Business Management
- Office Administration - General
- Community Services
- Aboriginal Canadian Relations
- Child and Youth Worker
- Aboriginal Community Advocacy
- Community Integration Through Co-operative Education
- Concurrent Disorders
- Developmental Services Worker
- Early Childhood Education
- Native Child and Family Services
- Educational Support (formerly Educational Assistant)
- Recreation Therapy Program
- Social Service Worker
- Engineering Technology
- Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering Technician
- Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Electronics Engineering Technician - Computers
- Instrumentation Engineering Technician - Process Automation and Control
- Mechanical Engineering Technician
- General Arts and Science
- Health Sciences
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Media Arts
- Natural Resources
- Preparatory Studies
- Protective Services
- Skilled Trades
- Aboriginal Programs
- Preparatory Studies
- Continuing Education (CE)
- International Education
- School College Work Initiative (SCWI)
- English as a Second Language
- Regional Skills Competition
- MASTER LIST - All Programs
- Academic Services
- Non-Academic Services
- Staff Services
- Financial Services
- Registration & Records
- Student Learning Services
- Student Union (SUCCI)
- DEPARTMENTS ...
- In The News
- Contact Us
2013-2014 Full-Time Post-Secondary Tution Fees and Mandatory Fees
Tuition and Compulsory Ancillary Fees will be billed to student accounts each term. Please refer to the information provided on this page for details regarding tuition and compulsory ancillary fees for the 2013-14 academic year or refer to the Program Fee Summary.
When using information on this page please add both the Tuition and Compulsory Ancillary Fees to calculate your total term fees.
International Students Tuition Fees:
For details regarding international student tuition fees, please click here.
Only students who have paid term fees, submitted documentation from an external funding agency or have a completed OSAP (Ontario student Assistance Program) assessment will be allowed to register for classes.
For a complete listing of payment options visit
New This Year - Online Fee Estimate
Our new Online Fee Estimate will provide you with an estimate of your student fees for the next academic term before you even register for your courses.
Here's how to access your Fee Estimate through your Banner Account:
1) Log into MyCampus at https://portal.confederationc.on.ca
2) Enter your Username and Password* - first letter of first name CAPITALIZED, first letter of last name lower case followed by student number
If you are a new student, your Username and student number are located on your 'Offer of Admission' letter or at the top of the Fee Estimate email you received.
Example: Student name John Doe, student number 100123456. His password would be “Jd100123456”
*Returning students: Your password should remain unchanged from the last time you logged in.
3) If this is the first time logging into the MyCampus portal, you’ll be asked to enter in four password security questions/answers. You must complete this step before you can continue. Security question passwords are case-sensitive and must be a minimum of 6 characters in length.
4) Select “Banner SSB Information System” (icon of a black laptop) under the ‘LaunchPad’ section.
5) Then select “Student Services”, “Student Records “and then “Academic Fee Estimate”.
TERM TUITION FEES
Standard Program Tuition (exceptions to standard tuition noted below)
First Term Second Term
Year 1 $1,291 $1,291
Year 2 $1,291 $1,291
Year 3 $1,291 $1,291
Student Compulsory Ancillary Fees
College Service Fee
The College Services fee supports services such as on-campus health and medical services, life insurance coverage, Information Technology, campus recreation and fitness activities, tutorial services and graduation and award ceremonies.
Thunder Bay Campus $402 ($201 per term)
Regional Campus $392 ($196 per term)
Distance Education $246 ($123 per term)
Student Activity Fee
The Student Activity fee is administered by the Student Union (SUCCI) to provide programs and services to the student body. All full time post-secondary students are required to pay the Student Activity fee.
Some of the programs and services provided with by this fee include advocacy & representation, Student Leadership opportunities, orientation events and activities, student lounges in all buildings, big screen televisions in all buildings, fax services, varsity athletics, student food bank, campus publications, class/club funding and banking service, bursaries and awards, campus recreation, special events & programming, wellness & diversity programming, It’s About Respect and membership in the College Student Alliance.
Thunder Bay and Region $198 ($99 per term)
Distance Education $ 30 ($15 per term)
All full time post-secondary students at Confederation College receive a Student Health Plan. Students now have the option to choose the plan that works best for you at no additional cost! For more information please visit SUCCI Health Plan. This fee is billed annually to student accounts. Students also have the option to opt-out of the Student Health Plan. Visit SUCCI Health Plan for opt-out requirements and deadline dates.
Fall Start $208 (paid once per year)
Winter Start $166 (paid once per year)
Universal Bus Pass Fee
All full-time postsecondary students at the Thunder Bay campus now receive a U-PASS (Universal Bus Pass) integrated into their Student Card. If you are a student who resides outside of the service area of Thunder Bay Transit while attending school, you may request to opt-out of the U-Pass and receive a refund. For more information please visit SUCCI U-Pass. This fee is billed annually to student accounts.
Fall Start $84 (paid once per year)
Winter Start $57 (paid once per year)
Late Fee $50
Tuition Deferral Fee $50
Program Transfer Fee $30
Appeal Fee $25
Transfer Credit Fee (1 credit) $25
Transfer Credit Fee (2 or more credits) $50
Co-op Fee (applicable to some programs) $475
Health Record Fee (applicable to some programs) $40
Exceptions to Standard Program Tuition
Fall Term Winter Term Summer Term
Aviation Technician - Aircraft Maintenance
Year 1 $1,679 $2,015
Year 2 $1,738 $1,956
Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering Technician
Year 1 $1,847 $1,847
Year 2 $1,847 $1,847
Year 3 $1,779 $1,779
Aviation Flight Management
Year 1 $1,807 $1,807 $1,807
Year 2 $1,807 $1,807
(Semester 1&2) $645 $645
Dental Assistant (Levels 1&2)
Year 1 $1,345 $1,345
Year 1 $3,974 $3,974
Year 2 $3,974 $3,974
Year 3 $3,974 $3,974
Year 1 $1,779 $1,779
Year 2 $1,779 $1,779
Medical Laboratory Assistant
Year 1 $1,378 $1,470
Medical Radiation Technology
Year 1 $2,712 $2,712
Year 2 $1,714 $1,829 $1,829
Year 3 $1,714
Year 1 $2,292 $2,292
Year 2 $2,292 $2,292
Year 3 $2,208 $2,208
Year 1 $1,536 $1,536
Year 2 $1,536 $1,844
Pre-Service Firefighter Education & Training
Year 1 $4,860 $4,860 $1944
Year 1 $1,177 $1,491
Program Specific fees
Some programs have additional program specific fees that may be charged for things such as lab fees, tools, materials, uniforms, etc. Please refer to your program webpage in June for details.
- Students electing to take a program course load beyond105% of their current full-time post-secondary program, will be required to pay for the additional hours of study at the approved part-time tuition rate plus any related miscellaneous costs.
- Students considering taking courses above the normal 100% load should discuss the implications of this decision with their Program Coordinator.
- Students must register in these extra courses prior to November 1st for the Fall semester, March 1st for the Winter semester and June 30th for the Spring/Summer semester.
Part-Time Tuition Fee (per contract hour) $5.90
Part-Time Service Fee (per contract hour) $0.70
If your payment is not received by the deadline which is stated in the Academic Calendar of Events, your Offer of Admission may be rescinded and given to a student on the wait list. You will also be required to pay a non-refundable late fee of $50 provided there are places still available in your program. We reserve the right to refuse payments made after the deadline if the program has filled. If you need information on how to pay your tuition and fees, please see Payment Method.
TUITION FEES for Part-time Courses
Course fees for part-time courses delivered by the Continuing Education Department are calculated on an hourly basis. Course fees are listed in "The Key", Thunder Bay’s Guide to Community Programs and Services. For more details on part-time programming options, please visit Continuing Education.
Students with Permanent disabilities
New and returning students with disabilities who require the accommodation of a reduced course load may be eligible to have tuition fees reduced once they have paid the equivalent to full time fees for the program. For more information on eligibility please visit Reduced Tuition Policy for Students with permanent disabilities.
In accordance with the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, students must submit a withdrawal form to officially withdraw from the College. You are NOT officially withdrawn if you simply do not show up for classes or if you verbally notify your Instructor, Registration Services, Counselors or any College staff.
Before you decide to withdraw from your full time program please discuss your options with your Program Coordinator or a College Counselor located in Student Services. They will provide you with academic advisment and assist you in finding the best solution for your future.
Academic Penalty for Full-Time Student
If you officially withdraw from the College after the “last day to withdraw without academic penalty” as listed in the Calendar of Events, an “F” grade will be recorded on your transcript. Receiving an "F" grade may permanently affect your GPA.
Refund for Full time student
If you officially withdraw in writing within the first 10 days of the start of the semester, as posted in the Calendar of Events, you may be eligible for a refund.
- Fees paid for that term, less $100.00 administrative fee
- Fees paid in advance for subsequent terms
If you officially withdraw in writing after 10 days of the start of the semester, you will be refunded the fees paid in advance for subsequent terms only.
If you are receiving OSAP (Ontario Student Assistance Program) funding and you are withdrawing from a full time program, it is important that you visit the Financial Aid website for full details on your obligations.
If you owe an outstanding debt to Confederation College, the College reserves the right to retain the amount owing.
If you are receiving financial assistance through OSAP (Ontario Student Assistance Program) or other 3rd party funding agencies, applicable refunds may be forwarded directly to OSAP or the funding agency.
Note: In accordance with the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, students must submit a withdrawal form to officially withdraw from the College. You are NOT officially withdrawn if you simply do not show up for classes or if you verbally notify your Instructor, Registration Services, Counselors or any College staff.
For further information, please review the formal Withdrawal Procedure Policy.
Investigate ways to fund your College Education