Program Codes: 0345 September (0345) & January (0346) intakes
Industrial Manufacturing Processes is a post-graduate program, unique in Canada. Building on Confederation College’s portfolio of advanced manufacturing and engineering programs, the program combines theory with applied shop courses. It covers a range of industrial engineering topics with a focus on advanced manufacturing processes applicable to a wide variety of industries.
It is specifically designed for international students with a mechanical, industrial or aeronautical engineering degree. Students benefit from a solid exposure to applied learning, practical applications and lab work, which complements the theory they have already learned in their degree programs.
Students’ knowledge and skills about all stages of the production process will improve - from selection and design, through to building, quality control and the final stages of product testing. Students will also be exposed to topics related to careers in management, including courses on project management and occupational health and safety.
The applied learning in this program exposes students to Canadian engineering processes, which enhances their skills and improves their employability. The program also includes some business courses to provide students with business knowledge and skills applicable to related entry-management positions.
How to Apply
Domestic (Canadian) students may also apply to this program. However, domestic students should be aware that it is offered on a full-tuition, cost recovery basis, and additional tuition fees apply. For more information please contact our Admissions Department or phone (807) 475-6213.
- Apply for this program using the online application, or contact our International Education Centre for more information.
- $16,857 + $1,215 program costs (2019/20)
For more information:
After graduation students may find themselves working in one of these positions:
- Process Specialist/Technologist (Process Engineering Technician)
- Methods Analyst
- Methods Technologist/Technician
- Project Technician
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Assembly Manufacturing Technician (facilities planning and engineering)
- Quality Assurance Technician
- Quality Control Project Management (junior level)
- Industrial Engineering – facility and plant engineers
- Business Support Engineer
- Engineering Support Associate
- Materials Testing Technician
- Design Technician – for mining consultants
- Requirements Management – for aircraft original equipment manufacturers (OEM)