Imagine Your Name on the Silver Screen…
The lights go down, the sound system rumbles to life, and then fade to scene. What happens next? Well that’s up to you!
Confederation College’s Film Production two-year diploma program provides a comprehensive overview of virtually every aspect of film production including directing, scriptwriting, lighting, cinematography, editing, art direction, production design, sound mixing, and the business of film. With a high teacher-to-student ratio and the best equipment-to-student ratio, you get more instruction and better access to equipment than many similar programs in Canada. You’ll get hands-on training so you’ll learn by doing: write, plan, direct, shoot, edit, mix, colour grade, and deliver your final cut. You’ll make three films during the program starting right away in your first year. You will have 24/7 access to state-of-the-art facilities and equipment such as the industry-heralded Arri Alexa camera.
- Every student gets to direct their own films with a full crew
- All film equipment is supplied by the program - students do not need to rent any gear to make their films
- Access to state-of-the-art production facilities 24/7
- Year-end film festival allows students to showcase their work on the big screen with big sound for the whole community
- Fourth-semester students travel to Toronto to learn more about the film business and meet past grads
- Find out more at www.conflix.com
Graduates of the program go on to a variety of entry-level positions including Production Assistant, Editing Assistant, Camera Assistant and Sound Assistant. After experience and time in the industry, graduates may move up to higher positions including Director, Writer, Editor, Director of Cinematography, Sound designer, Art Director and Producer. Many of our graduates are freelance (self-employed) and/or establish their own production companies.
Explore careers, current wages, employment stats, job postings, and associated education & training.