Become a First-Class Truck Driver, Earn Better Pay
In Thunder Bay and across Canada, transport drivers are in high demand, earning above average incomes. The trucking industry has changed significantly with greater emphasis on safety, health, prevention and accountability.
The career itself involves the operation of heavy trucks to transport goods and materials over urban, provincial and international routes. Long-haul transport truck drivers primarily operate tractor-trailers to transport goods and materials over long distances. This type of work involves planning trip logistics, preparing documentation, vehicle inspection, securing cargo as per safety requirements and obtaining permits for international routes. It also involves recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
The program meets and exceeds all mandatory objectives set forth by the Ministry of Transportation’s Commercial Truck Driver Training Standard that was released July 2017.
- Courses follow industry standards and practices so you are ready for the job market
- Classroom and practical training, including driving, yard, pre-trip and observation
- Hands-on training in the yard and on the road using a tractor-trailer, while under the instruction of a qualified trainer
- Drive time includes real world scenarios and trips on highways, city streets and back roads
- Strong emphasis on defensive driving
Upcoming Delivery Start Dates
- April 15, 2019 – Thunder Bay, ON
- June 3, 2019 – Thunder Bay, ON
- July 15, 2019 – Fort Frances, ON
$8,400 Thunder Bay
$10,000 Northwestern Ontario Region
How to Apply
Application information will be posted shortly. In the meantime, please contact Jason Ozbolt to identify your interest in the program.
Phone: (807) 475-6222
Upon graduation, you will possess the necessary skill set to seek employment as a truck driver for a variety of vehicles. These include long haul, dump truck, tractor-trailer, bulk goods, fuel hauler, flatbed, shunt, moving vans, logging and tow truck driver.
Free employment services for all students through the Northwest Employment Works (NEW). Services include connecting job-seekers to employers and offering one-on-one career advising, resume assistance and interview preparation and techniques.